thanks to those of you who said i wasn’t totally weird! ^^ unfortunately, the boyfriend said that my weird things just weren’t weird enough. being a glutton for punishment, i told him that if he wrote six more, i would post them. i think his things are a bit more quirky than weird, but i’ll let you decide.
first, though, i thought i should clarify one of my weird things from last entry, because hakucho brought up a good point. in the grand scheme of things, caring about schoolwork is not weird. in my own mind, it isn’t weird. but here at UF, which is a bit of a party /football crazed school, it is weird. many of my classmates’ conversations center around how drunk they got over the weekend or which teams won which games. these are not conversations that i am ever a part of, because i sit in the dorm and knit pretty much all weekend. while i happen to like the things i do, for the most part, i have also learned to be quiet about them, because they stop conversations pretty quickly. nobody wants to hear that you got an A on an exam or quiz, or that you spend your time knitting for charity, or whatever. the things that i choose to do with my time are apparently not very common, or at least that’s how i feel about them, because i don’t seem to have much in common with many of my classmates. ah, i don’t know. but! on another note… what’s your favorite pop-tart flavor, kelly (and no, no motion sickness here, luckily!)? i think mine is mint chocolate chip right now. ^^
ok, the six more weird things (as told by randy, in blue):
1. Water gulping – She sorta downplayed the oddity of her water gulping habits. No drinking with this girl. Only gulping. She always ends up having possession of my completely filled up half-liter water bottle and in ten seconds (literally ten seconds), it’s gone. I kid you not. And it’s always funny to see how many times the restaurant fills her glass up.
2. Showers – More specifically, showers at 3am. 3am is the time most people would be asleep. Like me. Granted she doesn’t do this anymore, but still.
3. Pasta preference – No spaghetti. The noodle, not the meal, which is what I thought at first. So I avoided any meals with tomato sauce. But then I found out it was only the the type of noodle. Cause it’s a thin, stringy, slurpy kind of noodle. But the chompy kind of noodle is fine. Like rigatoni or macaroni. Chompy.
4. Presents – She also has the uncanny ability to guess or eliminate the element of surprise of my presents to her. Christmas ’05: she guessed that I might’ve gotten her a magic 8 ball. Which…I did. We were having a discussion about indecisiveness before Christmas. And she guessed a magic 8 ball without seeing the present! Why?? Birthday ’06: she bought these stamps that were hard for her to find when again, i had already bought some for her. And just this past Christmas, she was about to buy a knitting calendar on Amazon and I had to let slip that that was my idea. And then! She enters and wins a contest for the calendar that I bought! Lucky me, hahaha.
5. Books – She loves the smell of old books. And would insist that I smell the pages of books. So of course, being whipped, I did. And curses, I sorta like the smell of old books too. I don’t know what it is, but it isn’t bad.
6. Deodorant – She thought this one up herself. Apparently she can’t stand not having deodorant before going anywhere. It makes her feel nasty. Even if she needs to change her shirt, she needs to reapply deodorant. Weird! But I guess that’s why I’m mentioning it, yeah?
Anyways, I’d just like to say that her weirdness is part of why I like her. Her weirdness makes her normal…makes her real. If that makes sense to anyone. Plus! She knitted me a really cool hat (from my favorite TV show) for Christmas. How could I not love her for that?!? Now if it would finally get cold around here, I could use it! So there you go, I now conclude this list of weird stuff. Thank you for reading it!
i finally finished up my fourth red scarf. oh dear! i do make myself laugh sometimes… i’d only been working on it for four days, and even then only part of the time! but it felt like forever, haha. this is my last red scarf… i don’t have any more red yarn or any way to get any in the next few days and i don’t want to cut it too close when i send the package.
red scarf project scarf #4
pattern: yarn harlot’s one row scarf
yarn: bernat softee chunky color carnival (two full skeins)
needles: size 10.5 straights
size: 5in x 64in
comments: it’s a bit hard to tell in this picture, but i love how the colors ended up on this scarf. the yarn had very short color variegations, so instead of looking stripey, it looked really cool (and there is a bit of red in it). of the red scarves, i’m most pleased with this one, i think. i don’t know… it’s a hard choice, hahaha.
here are all my red scarves, tagged and ready to go. yes, there’s a blue one, but it seems neutral enough to be ok. i found that one in my knitting stuff and i know i won’t wear it, so i figure i should send it off to someone who will. now i can send my package on tuesday or wednesday and i won’t have to worry about the deadline. yay!
oh, and my first week of school went really well. i’ve been insanely productive (i wonder how long that will last?) and, except for during the weekend, i’ve been pretty busy. the course load seems hard, but hopefully i can handle it. i just have to stay focused, i think.